We have identified the most frequently asked product orientated questions that you may have in order that you can make an informed bunk bed buying decision.
To provide the low prices that we offer, we do not have a customer telephone support team to take calls and answer questions over the phone. Lower overhead costs equals lower prices for you. Your questions are best answered via e-mail, so Contact us. You can also choose to leave us a voice mail at our toll free # 1 888 600 1225, however as we do not have a customer telephone service team, your voice mail may not be answered immediately.
You may also find answers to your ordering, payment, shipping and returns questions at our – Sales Information section.
They have a light lacquer coating for protection – a number of our customers have sanded / painted or varnished them successfully
To provide safe support for a standard twin mattress, all of our bunks come with 26 slats - 13 for each bunk bed. Bunkie boards are upholstered boards that look like a flat box spring – Bunkie mattresses have a bunkie board built in to the base of a twin mattress. We do not sell bunkie boards or bunkie mattresses as we provide a full set of slats with all of our beds.
All of our bunks are made from plantation grown Brazilian pine for strength and resilience. Real wood, no particle board or MDF (medium density particle board).
Instructions and hardware are included in the headboard box – all you need is a screwdriver with a Phillips head.
Yes -The factories that manufacture bunk beds do so to our specifications to ensure that not only do the bunk beds look and feel comfortable but that they are also safe for everyday use by you and your children. In addition, every bunk bed model we sell has been tested by an independent laboratory to ensure it is in compliance with the ASTM F-1427-06 "Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Bunk Beds", the government code of federal regulations for Entrapment Hazards in Bunk Beds and the Government code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1513 - Requirements for Bunk Beds. All bunk beds we sell have been tested by an independent laboratory and are in compliance with the ASTM F-1427 standard consumer safety specification for bunk beds and the government code of federal regulations 1213 and 1513. In addition, all of the paints and finishes used in the manufacture of our beds have been certified to conform to US Standards in relation to heavy metals as determined by EN-71, NBR NM 300, ASTM F963-03/07 and 16CFR 1303 Ban of Lead containing paints .
- An adult should always supervise children's use of bunk beds.
- Do not allow children under 6 years of age to use the upper bunk.
- Prohibit more than one person on the upper bunk.
- Always use guardrails on both long sides of the upper bunk.
- Use of a night-light may provide added safety for a child using the upper bunk.
- Use only the proper size mattress as recommended by the manufacturer
- Ensure the thickness of the mattress and foundation combined is at least 5 inches below the top of the guardrails
- If the bunk bed will be placed next to the wall, the guardrail that runs the full length of the bed should be placed against the wall to prevent entrapment between the bed and the wall.
- Prohibit horseplay on or under the beds. Always prohibit jumping on the bed.
- Always use the ladder for entering and leaving the upper bunk
- Never attach or hang items to any part of the bunk bed that are not designed for use with the bed. For example, but not limited to, hooks, belts and jump ropes.
- The use of a water or sleep flotation mattress is prohibited.
- Follow the information on the warning labels on the upper bunk bed structure and on the carton. Do not remove warning label from the bed.
- Periodically check and ensure that the guardrails, ladder and other components are in their proper position, free from damage, and that all connectors are tight.
- Do not use substitute parts. Contact the manufacturer or dealer for replacement parts.
As recommended by the Federal standards for bunk beds, children under the age of 6 years should not use the top bunk.
The manufacturer does not specify a weight limit. We suggest 175 lbs for the top bunk, 200 lbs for the bottom bunk and 175 lbs for the trundle. The primary users of bunk beds are children, but many of our customers have used them for teenagers and adults.
A standard twin mattress (39 x 75 inches) and / or a full size mattress (54 x 75 inches) will work with our bunks. Please follow the instructions on the warning label on the bunk as regards to thickness of the mattress.
Sorry, no customization. What you see on our web site are all of the items we stock.
We do not sell black bunk beds. These are available at Amazon: Black Bunk Beds.
Yes, Trundles and Drawers are now available in a honey, expresso, cappuccino, gray and white finish. They will fit all the beds and bunk beds we sell.
We aim to accurately reflect the finish colors on all of our items. However, colors on your screen may not reflect actual colors dues to differences in monitors and computer settings. We do not have swatches or wood samples available.
The mission bunk bed models have a ladder positioned at the front of the bed. You have the option to hook the ladder on and off.
We no longer sell Full size Captains beds. These are available at Amazon or we do have Twin Captains Beds with a twin trundle and 3 drawers.
We do not sell metal bunk beds. These are available at Amazon.
We do not sell queen or king size bunk beds. A very limited range is available at Amazon: Queen Bunk Beds.
We do not sell dressers or chests. They are available at Amazon: Dressers and Chests.
We no longer sell bed frames. They are available at Amazon: Bed Frames.